Based in Cambridge, James Brown Management is a growing international classical music artist management company. All With a passion for classical music, we work as a close team in a supportive and friendly environment.
James Brown Management is seeking a bright, organised and confident individual responsible for carrying out servicing for instrumentalists and conductors and/or choral ensembles.
Every artist has an Artist Manager working to manage their diary and grow their career. Once the Artist Manager has agreed an engagement, it is the responsibility of the Assistant to make sure that engagement takes place without a hitch! This role is absolutely vital and carries a lot of responsibility, but with this responsibility comes huge satisfaction when a concert/tour is completed. Assistants work closely with their artists and often develop brilliant working relationships with them. If you are a classical music lover, this could be the perfect job for you!
- Overseeing the preparation period before an engagement to ensure everything runs smoothly
- Liaising with concert promoters and local agents throughout the world
- Organising the booking of travel and accommodation
- Investigating and applying for visas/other documentation on behalf of the artist
- Requesting and processing contracts
- Updating biographical and marketing materials
- Assisting the Marketing Manager
- Co-ordinating press interviews either directly or through a PR agency
- Liaising with publishers regarding sheet music
- Producing detailed schedules/itineraries for artists on a regular basis, ensuring all relevant information is included, such as rehearsal times, dress code, travel information, and contact details
- Assisting the Finance Department, checking invoicing lists and artist statements
- The role involves use of our diary management system, Overture. This requires accurate data entry and amendments, updating company contacts as required, and checking through email correspondence and correctly transferring all required information, including financial data
- Staff members are expected to share general office administration as required
Location & commitments
- Full-time, permanent
- Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 17:30pm
- Occasional attendance of evening and weekend concerts
- Cambridge – we are extremely lucky to work in this beautiful city, surrounded by stunning historical architecture and a brilliant music scene! The perfect blend of city living and country life, we think this is a great city from which to grow our business. And London is only an hour on the train, so we are often heading to concerts in the capital to support our artists!
- Attention to detail/proofreading skills are extremely important in this role, because artists and promoters rely on your accuracy in order for an event to run smoothly
- The ability to input data correctly and have a keen eye for inaccuracies and anomalies is essential
- Communication is key within artist management, therefore candidates must be able to converse confidently via email, on the phone, and in person with their managers, artists, and promoters around the world
- Candidates need to be able to work independently as well as part of a team, and need to be prepared to take on responsibility and manage their own workload through the use of good time management when receiving requests from numerous sources. This includes being able to look far ahead and work on engagements which may not be taking place for some time, as well as those in the near future
- The ability to think of other people and their needs, and being able to put yourself in the artist’s situation and predict what will be important to them and therefore prepare for it
- Patience, empathy, flexibility, and understanding are necessary when working with a wide variety of people, and a good sense of humour!
- A background or degree in classical music is desirable but not essential
- Experience in classical music management would be an advantage, as well as experience in the office environment
- Knowledge of foreign languages would also be extremely desirable as we work with promoters/venues worldwide
Salary: £20,000 – £24,000, dependent upon experience
Start date: ASAP
Application deadline: 8th July 2022
How to apply
Are you looking for an exciting role as part of a friendly team? If you are interested, please send an application letter and CV to:
Emma Brown – email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!