Based in Cambridge, James Brown Management is a growing international classical music artist management company. All with a passion for classical music, we work as a close team in a supportive and friendly environment.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to join our team. The successful applicant will be working closely with our MD on a daily basis, assisting on a specific list of artists (instrumentalists and conductors), and supporting him in his other company-wide activities. As our MD is often juggling both artist and company management work, the Executive Assistant will need to have the ability and confidence to move projects forwards when the MD is not available.
This position is suitable for someone who has previous experience working in arts admin and who has aspirations to become an Artist Manager in their own right in due course. They will gain excellent experience working closely with a senior figure in the industry.
- Assisting the MD in his company-wide activities
- Overseeing the preparation period before an engagement to ensure everything runs smoothly
- Liaising with concert promoters and local agents throughout the world
- Organising the booking of travel and accommodation
- Investigating and applying for visas/other documentation on behalf of the artist
- Requesting and processing contracts
- Updating biographical and marketing materials
- Assisting the Marketing Manager
- Co-ordinating press interviews either directly or through a PR agency
- Producing detailed schedules/itineraries for artists on a regular basis, ensuring all relevant information is included, such as rehearsal times, dress code, travel information, and contact details
- Assisting the Finance Department, checking invoicing lists and artist statements
- The role involves use of our diary management system, Overture. This requires accurate data entry and amendments, updating company contacts as required, and checking through email correspondence and correctly transferring all required information, including financial data
- Staff members are expected to share general office administration as required
Location & commitments
- Full-time, permanent
- Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 17:30pm
- Occasional attendance of evening and weekend concerts
- Cambridge – we are extremely lucky to work in this beautiful city, surrounded by stunning historical architecture and a brilliant music scene. The perfect blend of city living and country life, we think this is a great city from which to grow our business. And London is only an hour on the train, so we are often heading to concerts in the capital to support our artists.
- Experience in classical music management would be an advantage, as well as experience in the office environment
- Attention to detail/proofreading skills are extremely important in this role, because artists and promoters rely on your accuracy in order for an event to run smoothly
- The ability to input data correctly and have a keen eye for inaccuracies and anomalies is essential
- Communication is key within artist management, therefore candidates must be able to converse confidently via email, on the phone, and in person with their managers, artists, and promoters around the world
- Candidates need to be able to work independently as well as part of a team, and need to be prepared to take on responsibility and manage their own workload through the use of good time management when receiving requests from numerous sources. This includes being able to look far ahead and work on engagements which may not be taking place for some time, as well as those in the near future
- The ability to think of other people and their needs
- Patience, empathy, flexibility, and understanding are necessary when working with a wide variety of people, and a good sense of humour!
Salary: £27,000 – £30,000 dependent upon experience
Start date: ASAP
How to apply
Are you looking for an exciting role as part of a friendly team? If you are interested, please send an application letter and CV to:
Emma Brown – email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!